Sunday, October 16, 2016

June 25, 2015: The Return Home

I returned the bike and thanked the team at Motoquest for another great trip.  I had a few hours to killl so I made my way to Alaska Mountaineering and Hiking Store to look around.  I had been in the market for technical mountaineering boots for a couple years now but due to my size submarine feet, have never had any luck.  I described my problem to one of the employees and he recommended I try the Scarpa Phantom Guides.  He loves them and said they run large.  I was skeptical, but gave it a shot.  I tried them on and to my surprise they fit like a glove, so I made one last purchase before plane ride home.

My host dropped me off at the airport and I dragged my duffel bags to the ticketing counter.  I waited to board the plane and in my head I truly was at peace.  I was anxious to see my parents and be in the comfort of my Conshy base camp.  I was once again humbled by everything these large mountains can teach you and lucky to have the memories and experience to cherish for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment